Friday, March 22, 2013

WATER BLOGGED

ORIGINALLY POSTED ON Urban Sketchers,MONDAY, JANUARY 4, 2010













These were done late in November. Back when the air was merely brisk, well before it turned so bitterly cold.

This is the abandoned Grain Terminal in Red Hook. It is a wonderfully odd structure for NYC, with it's scores of soaring silos. I hope to do another from a closer vantage point. Intimidated by the rapidly changing water, I practiced with a little one first. It was done in my tiny Moleskine, the other in the larger book. I also found a photo taken from the smaller tower on the roof of the building. The arrow indicates my location, when the sketches were done.



The photo was not taken by me. It comes from this site:




Here you can also find some great photos of the interior of this old beast.



Happy New Year to All.

No comments:

Post a Comment